Description of Course
- BTEC Higher Nationals offer a strong emphasis on practical skills development along with the development of essential knowledge and understanding in Computing.
- Pearson BTEC Higher National qualification in Computing are work-related qualifications for students taking their first steps into employment, or for those already in employment and seeking career development opportunities.
- The Pearson BTEC Level 5 HND in Business (RQF) is a qualification with a minimum of 240 credits.
- Students who complete this Level 5 qualification, are able to register for a Top-Up (final year) Computing degree at IDM.
- Furthermore, this qualification is accepted by more than 300 Universities around the world, for entry in to the final year of a Computing Degree programme.
- The objectives of the Pearson BTEC Higher Nationals in Computing are as follows:
- To equip students with computing skills, knowledge and the understanding necessary to achieve high performance in the global computing environment.
- To provide education and training for a range of careers in computing, including network engineering, software engineering, data analytics, security, intelligent systems, and applications development.
- To provide insight and understanding into international computing operations and the opportunities and challenges presented by a globalised market place.
- To equip students with knowledge and understanding of culturall
Module - 1: Programming (15 Credits)
Module - 2: Networking (15 Credits)
Module - 3: Professional Practice (15 Credits)
Module - 4: Database Design & Development (15 Credits)
Module - 5: Security (15 Credits)
Module - 6: Managing a Successful Computing Project (15 Credits)
Module - 7: Strategic Information Systems (15 Credits)
Module - 8: Computer Systems Architecture (15 Credits)
Module - 9: Computing Research Project (30 Credits)
Module - 10: Business Intelligence (15 Credits)
Module - 11: Cloud Computing (15 Credits)
Module - 12: Data Structures & Algorithms (15 Credits)
Module - 13: Advance Programming (15 Credits)
Module - 14: Information Security Management (15 Credits)
Module - 15: Application Development (15 Credits)