Description of Course
This Master's degree course offers extensive training in Business Analytics technology and methods, providing the opportunity to upgrade existing skills to the state-of-the-art in areas such as Web Mining, Business Intelligence, Big Data and Data Science, NoSQL databases, Business Modelling techniques. A strong research focus will equip students to either move on to a PhD program or an industry-based research position or be an industry consultant in Business Analytics project.
- The normal minimum entry requirements are an Honours Degree (2nd class or better) in a discipline with significant IT, Computing, Mathematics or Statistics content. In general, all potential applicants are subjected to an interview to discuss the level of qualification offered and the experience gained in an industrial background.
- These are the standard requirements for the MSc course. However, students without the standard requirements may be accepted for the programme on a case by case basis. They are advised to contact the registrarâ€™s office for alternate entry paths. IIT will always refer to Computer Science and Digital Media (CSDM) of Robert Gordon University (RGU), Scotland, UK when considering applicants who do not meet the stipulated criteria. Applicants may still be considered in situations where they possess a degree in addition to significant industrial experience. These applicants will also be subjected to an interview.
- Data Management
- Introduction to Big Data and Data Science
- Business Intelligence Tools and Applications
- Statistics for Business Analytics
- Business Modelling and Analytics
- Fundamentals of Data Warehousing
- Research Methods
- Web Mining
- MSc Project